How do I return Library2Go items (eBooks and audiobooks) before they expire?
Yes, it is possible to return some Library2Go items early, but the process is different depending on the format of the item. Here are the details:
- MP3 audiobooks may be returned early in OverDrive Media Console for Windows/PC. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
- eBooks on your computer may be returned early in Adobe Digital Editions for PC or Mac. Click here for instructions.
- eBooks and audiobooks may be returned early in the OverDrive Media Console app for Android, Windows 8, iOS, or Windows Phone as long as your app is up-to-date. Click your device type in the previous sentence for instructions on how to do this.
- eBooks and audiobooks for Kindle may be returned early on the Amazon website by clicking on the Manage Your Kindle link. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
- Open EPUB eBooks cannot be returned early
Please note: if you attempt many early returns in a short span of time, you will get "error code: 710 early return error" and will have to wait several days before attempting to return more eBooks.
If you do not return an ebook or audiobook early, it will simply expire and you can delete it at your convenience. No overdue fees or anything else like that - the file just becomes unusable after expiration.
I hope this information is helpful! Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about any of this.