Answered By: Lindy Brown Last Updated: Nov 16, 2016 Views: 3915
Thanks for contacting us. The reason why you're getting that error message is because the audiobook you're downloading is available only in WMA format. Unfortunately, WMA (windows media files) will not work on Android devices. If you're looking for audiobooks to download, you'll want to search for OverDrive MP3 formatted audiobooks. (You can narrow down your search by format on the advanced search page).
I hope that helps explain things. Feel free to contact us any time.
- I'm getting this message for routine library downloads now. Help, please. I'm going on vacation!
- Hi Sandy, There could be a couple of reasons for this, so please email or call us (541-766-6793) with the following information so we can best help you: - library card number - the device you're using to download books (e.g., Kindle, iPad) - if you're using a computer to download books or the OverDrive Media Console app. Talk to you soon, Lindy
- I'm getting this message and I'm using an Iphone please help
- You are probably receiving this message because the format of the book you're downloading (most likely a Windows Media File - WMA) is not compatible with the iPhone. We can help pinpoint the issue further if you call us at 541-766-6793 or email us at email@example.com with more information, such as your library card number and the title of the book. Thanks and we look forward to hearing back from you soon.
- I'm using iPhone which has had a broad choice of books to download for the last year. Now it appears there are virtually no books available " for this device". What has changed with overdrive or the public library system to cause this? I've downloaded the latest updates, which is when I started seeing the limitation on what's available for iPhone download. Thanks for any assist.
- Hello, are you looking for downloadable audiobooks or ebooks?
Nothing has changed in regards to what ebooks and audiobooks are available on the iPhone. To double-check this, I just did a search on my iPhone for EPUB ebooks and found 9300+ ebooks available for immediate download.
I also searched for MP3 audiobooks and 3950 were available for immediate download.
The reason why you would get the 'no books for this device' message is if you try to search for OverDrive WMA (windows media) formatted books. WMA books *will not* work on devices with the iOS system (iPads, iPhones, Macs).
If you have further questions, please call us at 541-766-6793 for more assistance. Thanks!
- how then does one specify in a search for an author's available titles to look for mp3 format? Advance Search drop down menu only allows for ebook, no choice which type.
- You should be able to specify in Advanced Search (http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com/1520ED61-2AF9-4CBD-9878-544798CD2B7F/10/50/en/AdvancedSearch.htm) in the Format dropdown box. If that option is not available to you there, you may be using a device that does not support audiobooks. In most cases the device determines what is compatible for you and only shows those options. What type of device are you using? If you feel that it is an error, you could go to the Advanced Search page from a computer which should show all the available formats, check it out from there. Then go back to your device and log in to your Library2Go account and tap/click Download and it should download to the device. Just get in touch and we can help further troubleshoot this issue.
- I just got a new phone and I was trying to borrow a book as I did on my previous phone but now I am getting the messenger saying my borrowing and download are disabled.. how do I enable from my device
- Hi Angela,
Can you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-766-6793 with more information about your phone (i.e., what type is it, and what operating system is it running?) We need to know these details in order to troubleshoot the problem.
We will also need your library card number so we can look at your account to see if this could be an account problem. It's possible you hit the download limit (3), but we don't know that unless we can look at your account. Hope to hear from you soon!
- I was unable to borrow The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwell on my iphone. The previous book in the series worked fine, so I suppose it might be a file type issue? I downloaded the microsoft desktop application, hoping that I might be able to just play it on my computer, but I still can't download it. Any clues?
- Hello, there could be many reasons specific to your account or device (or other reasons) why it's not working. Please call us at 541-766-6793 or email us at email@example.com so we can look at your situation specifically. Thanks!